From sheet masking to clay masking, our skincare routines have revolved around masking for the longest time. Evolving from our ubtan days to high-performance skincare activities, we’ve come a long way with our masking skincare. Finding a middle ground for some low-maintenance masking mania, Freeman Beauty has the perfect recipe for good skin days. While building our beloved masking routine with Freeman, we learnt a couple of masking secrets that can do wonders for your skin. Want to know how to mask like a pro with Freeman? Read below!
1. A multi-masker indeed - Utilize your masking time with a bit of multitasking, oops! We mean multi-masking. A majority of individuals have a combination of skin types and concerns. Target your skin concern like a pro by using different types of masks at once. For example, if you have an oily T-zone, use Freeman’s Deep Cleansing Mud Mask to get rid of deep-seated impurities and excess sebum production. For blemished skin around the cheeks, use Freeman’s Clearing Peel-Off Mask; and for dull skin around your mouth, use Freeman’s Rejuvenating Clay Mask.
2. One-step prep - If you’re someone who does one skincare step and instantly wishes for a miraculous change on their skin, here’s a note to remember – patience is the key. If you have an important day coming for which you want your skin to be fresh and glowy, do not jam all your skincare treatments in your regime a day before. Mask your way to your special day days (or at least a week) prior. Skincare takes time for the visible results to show, and it’s wise to schedule your skincare calendar as such.
3. Soul patch test - Talking about skincare for special occasions, you need to familiarize yourself with the patch test. Before you try any mask, perform a patch test on a small part of your skin, on the lower part of your jaw. Wait for a couple of minutes as the instructions say and check for skin reactions. This will save your skin from big beauty blunders.
4. Read into it - In today’s time, the beauty consumer stays extremely informed about skincare ingredients, and for all the right reasons. Read into the ingredient list to check if the mask you’re using consists of any common skin allergens like fragrance. Also, pay close attention to the key ingredients of the formula to check if the particular mask is suitable for your skin type and concern. Now, you don’t want a face mask to make your dry skin even dry-er with a mask meant for oily skin, do you?
4. Lip masking is a thing - Skincare masking is witnessing an evolution that includes lip masking. Yes, lip masking is a real thing, and if performed religiously, can give you the luscious, juicy lips of your dreams. You can go for hydrating and conditioning formulas for dry and chapped lips or an exfoliating one for discoloured or tanned lips.
5. Lip masking is a thing - Skincare masking is witnessing an evolution that includes lip masking. Yes, lip masking is a real thing, and if performed religiously, can give you the luscious, juicy lips of your dreams. You can go for hydrating and conditioning formulas for dry and chapped lips or an exfoliating one for discoloured or tanned lips.
6. Give it a breather - Just because you’ve found the right set o face masks for your skin, you don’t necessarily have to keep masking 24x7. Give your skin a breather of at least a week between your masking rituals. This not only gives your skin the time to adjust to the mask’s formula and shows you visible results, but also avoids your skin from going through excessive treatments which might result in irritation or redness.
7. The right one for you - Apart from patch testing and keeping a keen eye on the ingredients of a mask, you need to do some extra study for special credit. Go through reviews and testimonials of the face mask you’re about to invest in and check how it fired for people with similar skin types and concerns as yours. It will prepare you with real-time experiences of the said mask.
8. Scrub-a-dub-dub - Make sure to cleanse your skin well before and after your masking routine. Cleansing well before will ensure a clean surface for your mask to work on, while cleansing well after ensures no residual product is clogging your pores. Not doing so can lead to whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, and acne breakouts.
9. The texture test - While you have a perfectly matching profile of ingredients in said mask for your skin, make sure to check the texture formulation. Clay formulas are preferred for oily and combination skin types, while gel textures benefit dry, oily, and sensitive skin types. Creamy formulas are dry skin’s best friend and mud masks usually work well for dull and acne-prone skin types.
10. Time out! - While masking your way to your glow-getter skincare schedule, make sure you are following the directions behind the packaging religiously. Believe us, if the packaging suggests keeping the mask on for 15 minutes, keeping it on for 30 will not double the effects. On the flip side, you can stand a chance to ruin your skin.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your course of masking like a pro. So go, add Freeman masks to your cart and get that glow on-the-go!